Tuesday 10 December 2013

December Sunset...


 ...Spectacle at La Pouyette....
all happen in just thirty minutes...


*


“Never waste any amount of time doing anything important
when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!”
 C. JoyBell C.


*



"Clouds come floating into my life,
no longer to carry rain or usher storm,
but to add color to my sunset sky."
Rabindranath Tagore




*


*


*



*



*



"When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon
my soul expands of the worship of the creator."
Mahatma Ghandi



*



“Twilight fell:
The sky turned to a light, 
dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars.”
 J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix




*



*



“The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color
-- oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples...”
Anna Godbersen, The Luxe




*


*


"There is nothing more musical than a sunset.
He who feels what he sees will find no more beautiful example
of development in all that book which, alas,
musicians read but too little - the book of Nature."
Claude Debussy


*



“A large drop of sun lingered on the horizon 
and then dripped over and was gone, 
and the sky was brilliant over the spot where it had gone, 



...and a torn cloud, like a bloody rag, hung over the spot of its going. 
And dusk crept over the sky from the eastern horizon, 
and darkness crept over the land from the east.”
John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath


*


“There's a sunrise and a sunset every single day,
and they're absolutely free.
Don't miss so many of them.”
Jo Walton


*

And by tomorrows sunrise I'm "Out of La Pouyette"....
for a short "wallpaper-change" in Germany.

Until then....
xxxk



4 comments:

  1. Sublime! Magnifiques couchers de soleil, magnifique la piece de Mozart qui les accompagne.Et heureux nous, les visiteurs de pouvoir en profiter!
    Bon voyage en Allemagne Karin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me homesick...this sunset is so beautiful . While in France I would watch the sunset everynight, and my father loved to play his Deutsche gramophon records of Mozart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my brother was destroyed in one of our wars, I searched and I searched for music which could comfort our father. He loved the piano and violin sonatas, performed by Clara Haskil and the young Arthur Grumiaux; and by all means he loved the Op. 109 sonata of Beethoven. But this very late work of Mozart brought us together. Years later now, it brings him back. The sun may well set, but it is still the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Debussy said it very well.
    Your photographs make me feel as if I'm with you. Just beautiful, Karin!

    ReplyDelete